Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Just Can't Win for Losing

*sigh* I am never sharing information about contests for yarn with Tara ever again. For those of you that do not know, Tara and I tend to go on little knitterly field trips together once in a while. She even tolerates the Short One if she happens to tag along. Well, since we're such good friends, I thought I'd tell her about a contest being held by one of our beloved local yarn stores, Loops. She didn't want to enter, but I insisted she do it, so at the last moment she left her comment. Wouldn't ya know, she won the freaking contest!!!!!!!! Sooooo not cool. Maybe if I am nice to her, she will share? (No Tara, I'm not going to beat you up, why ever would I do that?)

In another attempt to win yarn, Short One and I went to a free concert at Utica Square with some other knitting friends, where it was rumored that a fat little giftcard to the above mentioned yarn store was to be given away. Didn't win that either, but I throroughly enjoyed watching the Short One rock out to classic rock music. She held her hands over her ears for the first song and sat bolt upright in her seat. By the third song, she was up dancing around, but still had her fingers in her ears. By the fifth song, she finally unstopped her ears and let her hair down. I had drag her out of there at the end.

So maybe I just royally suck at contests. I freeze up, get writers block, flat out forget to enter, or even let stupidity take over and encourage my dear friends to beat the pants off of me. However, I did still have a good time with great knitting friends and gained a very tired Short One.

2 comments:

Tara said...

You know Janine, my mom always said it doesn't pay to be bitter.

It's not my fault that I'm the shit.

Toledo Home Staging said...

Niice share